For any computer security setup, anti-virus is a crucial part that will protect your system from malware, spyware and virus. AVG supports to keep a network secure and safe from cyber threats and makes your company and employees able to access the internet safely and securely. It not only detects the malware, ransom-ware and virus but also removes them from your system.
It is more important to update anti-virus utilities that software as it is only as good as its latest update. Having a recent update of AVG will spot new threats and dangers from the Web. If you want to know more about AVG then contact at AVG support number UK. AVG offers an automatic option for the update that can be updated without any issue. But, sometimes it refuses to update on your device. Or, an error appears on your screen ‘AVG fails to update’ when you start the process of updating. It creates big trouble for you as it stops working with the older version.
Causes of failure update of AVG are listed below:
- Third-party Software: If your device has more than one anti-virus software programs installed at the same time then the security programs interact with your system on a basic level. In that case, make sure that your device has only one anti-virus tool on your system.
- Malware Problem: Update failure also causes if malware has trapped your system. It restricts the updating process in order to remain undetected. For this, it is advisable to remove it from your device. Then re-install AVG software and try to update it again.
- Software Problem: Sometimes, the problem is with the AVG software program itself instead of anything external. In that case, uninstall the AVG Antivirus completely from your device by clicking on the link, ‘Uninstall a program’ that is available in Control Panel. After that, reinstall it using an updated version from the official website of AVG.
- Device Problem: AVG update failure also happens due to your device setting as the device is not permitted to access the new program due to security purposes. In that case, the user needs to change the device setting and allows it to make changes with the latest version.
Apart from these reasons, the intermittent or unstable Internet connection can also restrict AVG antivirus software to apply the latest update. For that, it is recommended to check the internet connection and try to update again.
Also, you will need to delete some temporary files that are used during the update. Let’s talk about some steps to delete them:
- Double click on the AVG icon that is available on your desktop.
- Then, open the ‘Options’ to go to ‘Advanced Settings.
- Now, navigate to the option ‘Manage’ that you will find in the ‘Update branch’.
- Select the option ‘Delete temporary update files’.
- And at last, try to update AVG.
After executing these processes, the update failure issue will be easily resolved. In case, the problem still persists, it is advisable to take the support of AVG helpline Number UK.